Wednesday, June 8, 2011

THE SONG SHE'S NEVER HEARD



“Amazing Grace how sweet the sound”,
Beloved Hymn of humble souls.
Glorious versions all around,
of praises sing, of healing extols.

And yet the author of such prose
could not predict to whom this song
Would so inspire, so impress
to lend their voice in sing a long.

She can not hear the rising strains,
the harmonies, the choir’s blend.
She only reads words on screen and
holds the mike of the sing along machine.

Seven years old and working through
the extra burden of a wiser God
Who sent her in an imperfect state
to lead us on a path untrod.

She teaches us more than we can bear
of purity, trust, and anguish too.
And lifts her untrained voice to the sky
to sing the song she’s never heard.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir itself
could not compete with the Heavenly sound
Of a little deaf girl singing so sincere
“I once was lost but now am found”.

I have not words to fully express
the blessing this moment is to me
Sung from lips so purely sweet.
I Was Blind but now I see.


Dorie Smith 3/7/07
For Jaycee my beloved grand daughter who
hears with ‘different’ ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment