Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Story Picture Book



Once upon a time there was Spring in the air. Then came 'climate change'. Whatever.

So even though we went for 24 hours without power including heat, lights, water, appliances and horrors, TV and internet, we survived on our ingenuity and had a day of snow fun.

Now on to SPRING! I love looking at all the spring mantel makeovers online. So creative and inspiring! So with those thoughts in mind, I invited some springy thingies to come into my home. My mantel:




EVERYTHING on my mantel EXCEPT the large picture of the Los Angeles LDS Temple, a little ceramic bird and the picture of Christ is from a thrift store. Every. Single. Item.

It was fun to think of Springtime and the lovely colors, flowers and holidays. So I kept going. My living room table:

You may remember this bunny from my previous post about my bedroom decor. She found a home inside a tray I got at -you guessed it- a thrift store about a year ago when I got my green armoire that's full of food storage. Anyway, here is her cubbie. I love the lacey tablecloth I found at a basement sale downtown a couple weeks ago. Only $3! I think it brings a 'vintage' feel into my room. Someday I'll paint that wicker chest in a shabbily chic chippy way. But not today.
More bunny shots:



I have more bunnies all around the house. All rescued from a thrift store.
Here is chocolate bunny on a chair I recovered. Also thrifted:

On to the dining room. Everything on this wall is from 'LeThriftique':
On my dining room table, one end is full of tax stuff that Mr. Bill has been arranging so I cannot disturb it. But before he came on the scene, I had a pretty little tableau. Thrift store embroidered tablecloth, pink vase full of flowers from my grandson Sheldon when I was sick, eggs and buckets from Ross, candy bar labels from the graphics fairy (there be some fine chocolate inside!). And I redecorated my corner shelf. Haven't gotten around to painting it yet either. Most everything is from a nifty-thrifty store except for a few heirloom items. Enjoy the rest of the story!












And that's my story! Happy Spring!

3 comments:

  1. Well that brings me happy feelings, with all this rain we're having we need things t bring us happy feelings. I love it. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly creative. You and Cherryl have a lot in common here.

    ReplyDelete