Friday, February 17, 2012

Story of the rug

So I was window shopping one day after blog  hopping for several weeks (my husband calls it 'brain-washing).  I had it  in my newly washed mind the colors I wanted for my Master bedroom/bathroom-to-be (I've got the claw foot tub! Now I need to add a bathroom but that's a whole 'nother story).  I had seen one country farmhouse style bathroom that had a cool looking rug near the tub. Here, let me see if I saved a copy of it...

YAY!  I found it!  See?  This is what was stuck in my head. 
So I stopped in at a cool little Junk/Antique/Collectables shop in Coos Bay called Leif's Treehouse.
It is oh so much fun to shop and think there or shop and forget there.
That's when I saw 'the rug'.  It was the cocoa brown of the border of the rug that grabbed my attention!
I love that shade! (I also love Cocoa but again, that's a whole 'nother story)

Anyway, you can see where I was coming from.  HOWEVER...
One small obstacle...it had only been at the shop for about a week AND it was way over my meager budget.

I unfolded it.
I touched it's lovely cocoa border and admired it's hooked rugginess.
Best of all it didn't smell like smoke/old house/cats.
But there was no getting around the fact that this was one rug I was not getting.

Now we just let 2 weeks pass...
Mr. Bill decides to sell his diesal truck because it's too expensive to drive it.
AND he sell's it!  Yay for Mr. Bill cuz he always lets me do the banking/spending/bill paying, ETC.
So I figured I would go back with my ETC and see if that rug was still available.
It was!!
I wandered around and talked to some friends I ran into.  Building up my bargaining nerve.
I then went to the cashier and asked if the price on that rug over 'there' was negotiable.
She called the owner.
What was my offer?
I offered a price that was 1/3 off the tag.
With a slight pause....

My answer came.   YES!
And that is the story of the rug.
PS.  Those are my  happy feet!

This picture is what inspired me to buy my new rose picture at the GoodWill.
See that picture above the headboard?
Umm humm. Sorta like this, but I put the picture into a rustic wood frame.
Total cost on this project $13.00 (GoodWill prices have certainly gone up!)



No comments:

Post a Comment